Hey good lookin’,
It was funny of you to lock me up in a poorly-lit room and force me to sleep nearly 23 hours a day. I don’t hold it against you. There is nothing like ringing in a fresh year with a 16 day hibernation. When I woke up I recalled the start of 2006…apparently I made notes:
Annotated Predictions for 2006:
1. Sale of post-Apocalyptic goggles increases.
My sources tell me this is true. It makes sense…nobody wants to get Mad Max-sand in their eyes while they are trading handjobs for water.
2. George W. sprouts horns and a tail in front of the Washington press Corp. The White House turns red.
Well…George had a rough year. On Jan. 11, 2007 he said the best way to get troops out of Iraq was to order another 21,500 in to Iraq. The he sprouted horns and a tail and spat fireballs at the Washington journalists. However, that was in 2007…so it doesn’t count.
3. Another season of Survivor goes unnoticed.
Is Survivor even on television anymore?
4. Dr. Phil is charged with having sex with a goat.
Is Dr. Phil even on television anymore?
5. That goat is Michael Jackson.
What Dr. Phil and Michael Jackson do with each other under the influence of Pinot Noir and pretty sunsets is their business as far as the public is concerned.
6. China lands on the moon and immediately sets up the first sweatshop in space. It makes American flags.
Turns out the first sweatshop in space makes zero-gravity Mardi Gras beads.
7. I run as a Green party candidate in the next Canadian federal election. The next election will be called as soon as the results of the last election (Jan.23) are returned. I lose to a Conservative moose named Curtis Taxless.
So far—no election. Conservative moose have heavily fortified their interests during incumbency. My chances of election are bleak.
8. Google will start a micronation in the South Pacific. They threaten to remove their search engine from the web unless the UN recognizes their sovereignty. Google-opia is born as Kofi Annan is an avid gmail user.
Sadly YouTube got to it first. It’s pixelated and sort of boring to watch…unless a person is at work.
9. This is the best post of the year.
There were a couple good ones. I like the one about Finola Hackett. She’s spell-tastic.
10. A new style of hat is invented called the trout-stick.
I invented this. I wear it around the house. The prototype needs some work.
Fergis T. McGillicuddy